When severe weather approaches, it can certainly be stressful, particularly for those living with chronic pain conditions.
Here are some helpful tips to help you get prepared when the forecast calls for extreme weather ahead:
- Keep a list of all your medications and allergies with you.
- Keep a list of your doctors and specialists with their full names and telephone numbers with you.
- Start to prepare as early as possible by doing a few tasks each day instead of trying to get ready for the storm all at once.
- Ask for help if you need it. While it may seem like everyone else is rushing around to prepare, most people are all too happy to help a friend or a neighbor.
- Keep in mind that sometimes it can feel that weather may worsen your pain; try to stay hydrated, and rest in the days leading up to the storm.
- Secure your medications in their original containers; it’s easy to become confused if you are forced to evacuate.
Florida Pain Relief Centers will notify patients via telephone of any FPRC clinic locations that were forced to close due to intense weather conditions. Please ensure that we have your updated telephone numbers prior to the storm.
Please be aware that we may need to call you from a number that you don’t recognize.
Unless you are notified, please attend your appointment.
We are committed to providing for your health care needs.
Are you living with chronic pain?
The expert pain treatment providers at Florida Pain Relief Centers are committed to providing minimally invasive, proven procedures and treatments that help patients live lives that are enjoyable, (not just bearable.)
If you want more information on options for minimizing or eliminating your suffering from pain, call Florida Pain Relief Centers today at 800-215-0029 to schedule a consultation, or click the button below to set up a consultation online for one of our clinics.