When Sarasota, Florida patients suffering from chronic pain conditions need to find much-needed relief, they know they can turn to Dr. Myrdalis Díaz-Ramírez for expert diagnosis and life-changing treatment options.
Dr. Díaz-Ramírez has earned the elite designation of Top Pain Medicine Doctor by Castle Connolly, The Official Top Doctor Directory, nine years in a row!
The following are just six of the different ways Dr. Díaz-Ramírez helps her patients and could help anyone with pain:
- Identify why you are hurting – Muscle strains, herniated or degenerated discs, arthritis, instability, lack of pace for the nerves or spinal cord (called stenosis), fractures, infection, and cancer are reasons for back pain.Not everything requires surgery. As part of your evaluation, Dr. Díaz-Ramírez will examine you and order any appropriate testing to best define the cause of your pain.
- Help you get healthier – Some people have issues with weight, smoking, ergonomic problems at work, or mood difficulties. Dr. Díaz-Ramírez helps identify these and directs you to therapies that will improve your overall health and back pain.
- Prescribe and monitor physical therapy (PT) – It’s amazing how many patients get to Dr. Díaz-Ramírez and have never tried this. PT helps your function, decreases your pain, and makes you stronger. Many times, PT is the first and only treatment needed for new injuries.PT and other treatments, like injections, are also used to improve your pain and get you closer to live a healthy life.
- Prescribe medications to help the pain – There are different types of pain and many classes of drugs that help with the problem. Patients are often more familiar with opioids as the preferred pain management type of drug.Luckily, these are only a part of Dr. Díaz-Ramírez’ toolbox for pain management. She has a list of medications that include, for example, supplements, vitamins, hormones, anti-inflammatory drugs, local anesthetics, muscle relaxants, blood pressure medications, steroids, specific nerve modulating medications, cannabinoids, antidepressants, and anticonvulsants.Díaz-Ramírez works with many alternatives when considering the protocol that best fits you.
- Do different kinds of injections and nerve blocks – The most capable Pain Physicians have the most diverse toolbox available to manage your pain.Díaz-Ramírez can do joint injections, nerve blocks, trigger point injections, spinal injections to treat your joint pain. She can inject local anesthetics, steroids, special gels, stem-cell related products to help your problem. These injections can identify the cause of the pain, help with regaining function, or even achieve healing in particular cases to avoid spine surgery.
- Use electricity to help your pain – Spinal cord stimulation is a technology that relieves pain in patients who have failed spine surgery, are not candidates for surgery, or have certain nerve-related types of pain. A large number of Dr. Díaz-Ramírez’ patients are experiencing great success with the latest models, even if they have tried and failed these therapies before.
At Sarasota Pain Relief Centers, we are proud of our expert staff of board-certified, compassionate pain management physicians who provide relief for patients throughout Sarasota and the state of Florida.
We wish to extend our congratulations to our very own Dr. Myrdalis Díaz-Ramírez for being honored with the distinction of Top Pain Medicine Doctor once again!
About Dr. Díaz-Ramírez
Dr. Myrdalis Díaz-Ramírez is a board-certified, fellowship-trained pain medicine physician and anesthesiologist with almost two decades of experience in the field. She is a clinical professor at Florida State University College of Medicine, has co-authored and edited multiple book chapters related to pain medicine, and she has been awarded “Top Doctor” in her field by her peers for the past nine consecutive years. Dr. Díaz-Ramírez is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Dr. Díaz-Ramírez practices at Sarasota Pain Relief Centers’ Central Sarasota location, and holds dual Board Certifications in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
Do You Need an Expert Pain Doctor in Sarasota?
At Sarasota Pain Relief Centers, our expert pain management specialists are dedicated to providing powerful, minimally invasive procedures and treatments based on the individual needs of each patient.
Our specialists are highly skilled and ready to consult with you to find a customized solution based on your unique situation and the nature of your pain. We’ll work together with you to find the most effective option to minimize your pain and restore your quality of life.
Call Sarasota Pain Relief Centers today at 941-363-9400 to schedule a consultation or click the button below to set up a consultation at one of our clinics online.