It’s no secret: there’s a LOT going on these days, (an understatement.) And people are experiencing more stress than ever.
It’s also no secret that stress is not good for you. It is known to be major contributor to many poor health conditions. So… the obvious solution is to stop being stressed, right?
Easier said than done. But it can be done.
Like many other things in life, understanding and incorporating stress reduction techniques into your daily routine can take learning and practice. But the return on investment is well worth the investment of time.
Here are just a few benefits of making a conscious effort to reduce stress in your day-to-day life:
- Decrease in chronic pain symptoms
- Less anxiety
- Better sleep patterns
- Increased focus & concentration
- Weight reduction
- Improved immune system / fewer bouts of illness
- Better cardiovascular and respiratory function
- Reduced inflammation
- Happier mental & emotional states
If you are among the millions of Americans living with increased daily stress, try one or more of these useful methods to help counteract the effects that can be detrimental to your physical and emotional well-being:
- Mind-focusing exercises – mediation, prayer, guided imagery or whatever works to focus your attention on the moment, and away from your stress.
- Music therapy – this method has been shown to help slow the heart rate and relax the muscles by way of positive parasympathetic nervous system stimulation. Classical music has been shown to be particularly productive for this process.
- Aromatherapy – this type of sensory stimulation can have profound effects on stress level and mood, and can generate a calm, soothing and pleasant environment.
- Mood lighting – certain colors of light can help to evoke specific positive moods and stimulate brain hormones such as melatonin and serotonin, which are both beneficial for sleep cycles and emotional disposition.
- Stress reducing diet – foods such as carrots, yogurt, nuts, fatty fish and those containing potassium, (like bananas or avocados), are known to contribute to stress-reduction in varying ways.
These are just a few of the ways to reduce stress… there are many more methods available, which may be easily found by researching on the internet or making an inquiry during your next doctor visit. The key is to find what works specifically for you.
While life can sometimes be stressful, isn’t it worth mastering a few techniques to help reduce anxiety, improve health and enjoy happiness in your every day? The answer is… Absolutely!
Don’t Let Chronic Pain Stress You Out
At Florida Pain Relief Centers, we understand the cycle of pain and the impact it can have on emotional and physical well-being. If you suffer with chronic pain, our skilled pain management physicians can work with you to address all aspects of your individual condition(s). We can help determine the most effective ways to relieve your symptoms, including guidance on how to reduce your stress for better results.
We want to help alleviate the stress of living with chronic pain. Call Florida Pain Relief Centers today at 800.215.0029 to schedule a consultation, or click the button below to set up an appointment online at one of our clinic locations: